Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lake Gardens

Well, I went to the Orchid and Hibiscus Gardens this morning. I went with my parents and a few members form the KPMC Photography Club. All in all, a total of 6 people. ._. Not a lot, I know, but it was actually better that way. We could really get into the subjects more, and we could pay attention to what my dad was saying about apertures and stuff! I didn't get much, but I did get a bit of input on the topic. =)

Here's some of the pics I took all on my own. =D

My dad and me moved really slowly and carefully so that we wouldn't scare the dragonfly off! it was easier for him, he had the tripod, and the Nikon D200. I had the Leica, with no tripod, so it was harder for me to get a good shot of it without being too close for my own comfort.

Taking a picture of this butterfly was hard, too. First of all, the flower was only a few centimeters off the ground. I had to really get down on my knees and slowly, too, to get that shot. I've been chasing that same butterfly (at least I think) around!

This is called the Golden Shower. I mean the flowers, not the fountain behind it. =P This is a bit tricky to get in focus, because the wind kept blowing the flowers around. I had to get on my knees for this one, too. The angle was slightly from the bottom, and the pasu wasn't exactly tall, either. Good thing I was wearing grey-blackish pants. (yes, the ones from Esprit!)

And this was the butterfly I was chasing with another one in the back! (Or it could be the other way around, I really can't tell the difference.) I had to move super slowly for this one. Those butterflies get scared off easily, you know!!

Just a simple white orchid here.. Not hard to take, actually quite simple. This is best taken using Macro. The one my dad took with the Nikon D200, he only focused on the yellow part inside the flower. Like, only that, and the rest is completely blurred. Really nice.


After the gardens, my parents and I went to Balqish's 1st birthday party! She's my cousin's daughter, hence my niece. Nothing much happened, we just ate, gave presents, ate some more, then made plans for the 25th. We're having lunch at my aunt's house (her infamous nasi kandar) and have a meeting about something....

Oh, well. I'm just in for the food. ;)

No comments: