Friday, December 26, 2008

I almost kissed a book!

I couldn't sleep last night.
Naturally. (I should really fix my sleep patterns, shouldn't I?)
So, I decided to reread Breaking Dawn. My third time, I think.
Actually I started reading after dinner. I'm not really sure what time it was. What I do know is, I finished by 1. Earlier than that, actually.

Anyway, I was laughing whenever I read the funny parts, but oddly I didn't cry at the sad parts, unlike the first time round. (Honestly, I did cry the first time I read it. Like a baby!) Those books really do that to you. I was sobbing like crazy when I read New Moon. Eclipse, not so much. But I still cried, no matter what. Luckily I was locked up in my room whilst reading them. Twilight was hardly sad, I smiled like an idiot while reading that one. Over and over again. =) That applies to all of them, really.

You can never distract me while I'm in the middle of all that. Just try. I won't even acknowledge your presence. =P Too engrossed, as they say. (You know who you are)

Anyway, when I finished the book, I was smiling like a bloody idiot in the middle of the night, alone in my room with Fall Out Boy blaring in the background, and feeling unusually giddy.

This is where I sort of lost it for a second.

I was so happy (since it is a happy ending, after all), I actually hugged the book and almost kissed it!!!!!!

Okay, Dian, if you're reading this, just to be absolutely and perfectly crystal clear,

My lips never went anywhere near that book!

Alright? So don't freak. I never kissed that book before. Ever.
Okay, now that we're clear on that, on to another topic.

My dad just bought a new Nikon D300 SLR camera!!!!!
It's totally awesome. =D I love using that camera, its so fun, and it makes you feel so powerful. I'm not sure how to explain it, but that's how I feel whenever I use it. There's not much of a difference between the D3 and the D2, but there is a difference, nonetheless. Obviously. 0_0

Expensive, though. You can only dream for someone to get that for you, no matter what the cause.

The funny thing is, my dad didn't answer my mom's calls while he was buying the thing! I was right there with her at home, she called him, he didn't answer. My sister wanted to go out, so she called him. (This was a while after that) He picked up the phone. Okay, so maybe he was busy before or whatever right? That would've been fine if he was at a restaurant with Uncle Jamil, or in the car or at the night market or something. But no, he told my sister that he was at Keat, his favourite camera shop.

BUSTED!!!

My mom wasn't mad or anything, but we laughed about it instead. I figured he'd buy it sooner or later, since he's been eyeing that camera for months now. The hint came on Sunday, at the Lake Gardens. (previous post) I was taking some pics, then he told my mom that I should inherit a camera to use. (And not the small Leica I'm currently using) I don't think I was supposed to really hear that, but he said it out loud, and he knew very well that I was within earshot!

Don't think that I'm getting that camera. No way in the bloody world! No, I'm gonna be using another one more often now. Don't know which one, but one of the big ones. SInce my sister already claimed the big Leica for herself. =/

We experimented with the new camera that night, along with the D2 and Abg. Mut's Fuji. I learned how to use the big flash and the slave (or is it sleeve? I didn't catch it) flash. Now it's Abg. Mut's turn to be the model, not the photographer! =) Zara, as usual was the main subject. Smiling and laughing away, so plenty of photo opportunities there. Learned a lot, and had a lot of fun with my dad. Quality bonding time, I think it's called. ;)


Now that I've read the partial draft of Midnight Sun, I keep thinking of what Edward said about Bella's eyes. It's all that's in my head nowadays!

He said that her eyes have a depth to them, unlike most brown coloured eyes, which usually look flat. 

Now all I think is: are my eyes deep or flat?

I really want to know. (Maybe I'm just too obsessed with what Edward thinks, since he's always comparing other people's brown eyes with Bella's) I just don't know how to tell the difference between deep and flat eyes. I'm not really the type of person to look straight into someone's eyes. Even if I do, I don't think of that at the moment.

That's the problem. When I want to compare, there's no one to compare to. It's not easy to ask someone to sit still while you look straight into their eyes. That's kinda off, don't you think? I just wish I had someone else's perspective. If you've ever done that before and can tell the difference, let me know, will you? I'm dying of curiosity here!

No comments: