Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hand me a painkiller, please!

I'm in pain. A lot of pain.

Not so much that I'd do anything to stop it, it's nothing really. I just have a low threshold for pain. Relatively.

It all started yesterday, after my dentist appointment. Enough said for you to get it. Not only did my dentist ketatkan it, but she added the getah thingy I have to wear so that my lower and upper jaw would be aligned. It is not a comfortable feeling. Most people who's had braces before would understand my pain.

Yesterday was almost unbearable. And my parents decided that day of all days to go out and eat. It was at mamak restaurant with tandoori and naan. I was supposed to take off the getah thingy when I eat. As if I'd do that in a filthy bathroom of a mamak shop. Strangely I felt nauseous after eating the butter naan and tandoori chicken very slowly and carefully. Oh, how patient my parents and Kakda can be. =)

That night I didn't eat dinner. The meal before was considered dinner. How nice. Dinner at 5 something. I was starving the next morning. This morning, actually.

But I woke up near 12 so...yeah. Brunch for me, then. It was mee hailam. My parents' make the best. ^.^ I took off the getah this time, so it was all good. Ate like I normally would right after a dentist appointment. Still painful, but not so much as the day before. Putting the getah back wasn't easy. That still hurt like crazy. What more, I was trying to do my homework afterward.

That was something I had difficulty doing. Not just because of my lazy attitude. That I can manage around. The pain made me want to lie on my bed and do nothing. I really couldn't concentrate. At one point I felt like hurting myself to distract the pain in my mouth. Actually, it does work. Don't ask how I know this, but it does.

But don't worry, I didn't actually do anything. Don't get any totally off-base ideas.

Finally, I just couldn't take it. I left my homework, left my room, went downstairs and made myself a nice cup of tea. It calmed me down a bit. Hot tea helps. It really does.

Then I went upstairs and watched American Idol with my mom. I haven't touched my homework till now, and I should be going to sleep soon. I am so doomed. Oh, well. I'll do it tomorrow, hopefully, after school. I'll have more of the mood to do it then than I do now. That's for sure. I'd taken off the getah for dinner, and I have yet to put them back on. I'm dreading that moment. My mom so kindly let me take a Panadol for the pain. I have a feeling I'll be able to sleep well tonight. I'll need the extra energy anyway. The first days of school to me are so tiring, though we don't really do anything.

Well, this should be start of a time where I just won't have the time or lack of a conscience to go online and blog. My mom won't let me and you all know it. So, hopefully I'll be able to drop by some time, but maybe not for awhile. I guess this is goodbye.

God, how sad and emo. =S

No comments: