Friday, December 4, 2009

Goodbye Westerns, Hello Asians

I'm sure you're wondering what this is about.
Recently, the whole obsession over Japanese/Korean dramas has started up again.

This time though, somehow my aunt got pulled into it as well.
It's still got me dumbfounded how that happened.

It all started about a 2 weeks ago, or maybe one, I'm not sure, when Kakya and I went into Speedy in Pavilion.
She bought The Legend of Hong Gil Dong.
Because she didn't finish watching it before.
Or something.
Anyway, I watched the first 2 episodes with her.
And guess what?
I was interested in it.
and once I'm interested in a story, there's almost no way for you to make me stop thinking about it.
Which results in me going to sleep at 4 something just because I wanted to finish watching the whole season.
Which had 24 episodes, by the way.
Each lasting about an hour or so.

It's not that i just watch it at night, when everyone's asleep.
No, I watch it in the daytime as well.
One of those times, my aunt watched an episode or two with me.
I was tempted to switch it off and change to Astro, but my selfishness got in the way.
There was no hope in geting me switch to regular TV once I'm hooked on something.
Except of course if my dad's the one who wants to watch TV.
That's another story.
I didn't expect my aunt to be hooked onto the show as well.
That was the most shocking.

Now she wants to bring it back to Oman with her to watch.

Well, I'm glad to say I've finished watching it already.
Truth be told, I did not like the ending.
It was too... grim.
If I may say so myself.
But the whole series in general was good.
I laughed, (and cried, admittedly).
Let's just sa I was too caught up in the moment.
Jang Geun Suk is SO HANDSOME!!!!!! =D

Eventhough some may argue that he looks too feminine.
But that's just because of the hair.

With the end of one, comes another.
But I haven't even got hold of it yet.
it's called 'You're Beautiful'.
Starring... Jang Geun Suk!
Hahahaha. I found it by accident, really.

As usual, after watching a drama, I always obsess a bit over it.
In comes Google.
Oh how I love it. It's so useful and satisfying when it comes to getting info.
Actually I was looking up the sequel to Hong Gil Dong.
That's where I found out about You're Beautiful.
Looks interesting, but like I said,I don't have it yet.
Can't wait, though. =)

Oh, and if you're interested in knowing what he looks like and some suff about korean dramas, check out drama beans.
It's a blog.
Quite an intersting read, if you're into the whole TV series-drama-actors stuff.
Yeah.
Or just Google the name.
Easier that way, I guess.

Bye!

No comments: