Thursday, December 24, 2009

PMR Results Day

The pre-results feeling was killing me.

The night before, I felt sleepy.
But by the time I closed my bedroom door behind me, I couldn't sleep a wink.

So I tossed and tuned until about... 2 maybe?
Then I woke up at 7 something.
Reached school by 9. (I know, awal kan?)

At that time, it was just me, Alini, a few girls from 3A and few from 3B.
Not that many to begin with.

When it was nearing 9.45, the school canteen was filling up.
Not just by form 3's, but parents were waiting anxiously too.

Pn. Ann went to get the results at 10.
We were like, "WHAT?! We have to wait longer now????"
So pissed.
Getting more excited/anxious/nervous.
One or two were so nervous they cried.

Canteen's getting noisier.
A group of people get up and walk to the hall. (just to be early, you know)
Everyone notices and gets up as well.
We all file into the hall.
Everyone sits, asking their friends to be with them.
Holding hands.
Hugging each other good luck.

Pn. Ann steps on stage.

The hall falls silent.
The tension grows thick.
In fact, it was so thick you could slice it like you do with butter.

She gives a speech.
Thanks the students and parents for being here today.
Congratulates all the form 3's, no matter what the outcome.
Quotes Shakespeare. (I can't recall what, I had more important things in mind at the time)

States that this year, 67 students got straight A's.
Percentage of those who passed was almost 99%.
2 students failed Maths.
1 Failed BM.
100% passed was for English, Geo and surprisingly Science.

Starts to announce the girls who got straight A's (8A's and 7A's) and 7A 1B.
She starts with 3B. Moves on to 3U, 3K, and 3T.
All those whose names were mentioned stepped on stage.
Smiling, laughing, crying. All out of happiness.
Then comes 3N. Quite a number of girls.
3A. Even more so.
3W. Also quite a number of girls.

Then, 3P.
As Pn. Ann said, "Now, 3P. The best performing class."
That was more than enough to get us all excited and anticipate the best.
I listened closely. Held on the Sonia's hand as hard as I could.
Practically jumped up when I heard her call out my name.

All I was thinking when I got up on that stage was, "I got 8A's!!!!"
I hugged Dian. She was practically screaming and jumping with joy.
Denise was like, "Dian, you need to calm down. The stage might collapse."
But who cares! Everyone was just too happy to be bothered.
So once we got off the stage to collect our certificates and result slips, those who got 8 and 7 A's tried to comfort those who didn't.

We took pictures.
Laughed.
Cried.
Hugged.
Congratulated.
Lots of stuff.
It was an emotional whirlpool.

So in the end, out of the 67 girls who scored straight A's, 20 of them were from 3P.
Yes, myself included. =D

Oh the joy.
No one can take away this happiness from me.

So, to those who got straight A's, Congratulations.
And to those who didn't, it's not the end of the world.
(I know you might think this is easy for me to say, considering the results that I got, but it's true)
You don't need to get 8A's in PMR to succeed.
So now, let's focus on SPM! =.='"

No comments: