Saturday, December 26, 2009

Movie Day

Okay, so.
It was Christmas yesterday, so Merry Christmas.
Last night, me, my sister and my cousins were bored.
So we went out for a movie.
Or at least we tried.
GSC at Pavilion was so full it was hard to move around.
And I'm not exaggerating when I say that!

We wanted to watch Sherlock Holmes, you see.
Initially we wanted to watch the 7.20 show with Kakteh and Abg Mut as well. (She was on-call the next day so she wanted an earlier show)
But as expected, no seats left.
So we decided on the 10.15 pm show instead.
Of all nights, that was the night where we couldn't buy tickets online via credit card.
For some reason.
So we had to go there ourselves, line up and buy them.
Such a waste of time and energy!
Luck was not with us.
The 10.15 show was sold out.
But we were so determined to watch it, we bought tickets for the next day (meaning today).

Sherlock Holmes at 11.45AM, GSC, Pavilion.

Not a bad movie. It was quite interesting, actually, but everyone was sleepy.
Why?
Well, before the movie started, we bought hot dogs, popcorn and drinks from the counter.
Not only that, we bought Chicken Popcorn from KFC as well. Had to smuggle it in la. ;)
Ate it in the theatre. Full like crazy mann!

After Sherlock Holmes, Kakya and I wanted to watch the Vampire's Assistant.
We bought the tickets for the 5.10PM show before we went in for Sherlock Holmes.
When the first movie ended it was around 2. So we had 3 hours to kill.
And so starts the shopping. At first it was Tangs. We bought a whole lot of chocolate. Like, RM100's worth. (Since you can claim 2 hours' free parking when you spend over RM100 in a single receipt)
And did we need those 2 hours' free parking!

We (well, 3 of us, actually) ate Subway, since Kakya like, mengidamkan it. For reasons I do not know. It had something to do with the night I went out with Aimi, Malik and Izzudin at Jusco. Don't ask.
After that we went our separate ways. I walked around with Kakya, waiting for 5 o'clock to come around.
Kakda went back with Abg Hazwan and Kak Liyana. (My other sis and my two cousins)

We (me and Kakya) went shopping around Forever 21 and Cotton On. Didn't buy anything.
Went up the the 6th floor. Got sidetracked to Video Ezy on the way to Starbucks. Didn't buy anything there either.
Reached Starbucks. I got myself a Caramel Cream. Kakya bought the Cranberry and Grapefruit juice bottle thingy.. (I don't know what it's called)
Really pahit and masam. Not my cup of tea.
So we spent our time in Starbucks until it was 5.

The Vampire's Assistant at 5.10PM, GSC, Pavilion.

Now this was the movie I've been waiting for.
I've even read the books! Though I haven't finished reading the very last one, which is the 12th book, mind you. Reading it as we speak. =)
The movie, which is supposedly based on the first 2 books, is completely, well, maybe not completely, but considerably so, different from what I've read.
A good movie, I must say. It was funny. I liked it, but I just have to say that it's not like the book.
There were characters that didn't exist in the book but appeared in the movie, and the characters that existed in the book weren't in the movie..I'd say they switched it up.
So there's no hope the later movies (if they ever make them) will be like the rest of the Darren Shan Saga. Sadly. It's such a nice collection.

So that's that then.
After the movie we went home straight away.
Not before forgetting where we parked and roamed around the parking lot a bit.
Dah lah pening from staying in Pavilion for 8 hours, we had to look for our car.
What a day!
But I enjoyed it. =)

No comments: