Friday, February 6, 2009

KongsiRaya Party

Today was so crazy and chaotic, all I could do (besides laugh for no apparent reason) was look at everyone (at least those who got high with carbonated drinks).

Early in the morning, I had to rush. Why? My alarm didn't go off at 5.40. Turns out I accidently set it for 5.40 PM and not AM. And so, I ended up waking up at 6.15, and that's only because Kakak went up to check on me. If not, I wouldn't have woken up in time to catch my bus. And it arrived in front of my house at 6.40. I only had 25 minutes to get ready. I skipped breakfast at home and ate a piece of banana cake at school.

Last night, I stayed up until 12 something baking my brownies for the jamuan. I made two batches, one for the class and one for my family. One was hangus. I kept that one at home. It's not presentable enough for my teachers, am I right? Anyway, the hangus one tasted good, too. A bit bitter, but crunchy. Not so sweet. Ideal for my parents' taste in desserts.

I so bersungguh-sungguh to bring my books, but then, we didn't learn anything at all today. Not that I don't appreciate Pn. Nancy giving us an extension for the party, but couldn't she make up her mind yesterday? What a waste of energy.

So we started getting ready at 9.30. Susun-ing desks and chairs, putting food on the main desks. Everyone started to take their plates, forks, spoons and cups. But then, half of our forks and spoons were missing! So Jasmin and Raveenaa went to the canteen to buy some for the rest of the class.

If we wanted to be polite and courteous, we should have waited for our teachers to come to our class first. Not eat before them. Its just so rude. So, at first, we waited. By 10.30 we were really hungry already, but the teachers were taking forever to reach our class. They had to go to every class's party. That's a total of 26 classes, including the form 6s. Miss Sara eventually reached our class first nearing 11.

By that time, more than half of the class has started eating already. But me, Fiona, Kit May, Nadhra, Alini and Kanimoly didn't eat first. Me and Fiona ate after Miss Sara came, but the rest waited until Pn. Jamilah came before they took a break from layan-ing the other teachers to eat.

Everyone was promoting whatever was home-made. Or whatever was good to eat. The most popular was Dian's muffins. It finished relatively fast. Jasmin's cupcakes and my brownies were popular too. Pn. Masniah was promoting my brownies to the other teachers. =)

One even asked for the recipe. But I'm not sure whether she was just joking or not.

When it was 11.30, a lot of the teachers had gone already, and only a few came in to see what there was left.

Divya's fries were still there. And there was a lot. So a group of us (me, Fiona, Kit May, Nadhra, Divya and Jasmin) took it aside, put a whole lot of chilly sauce on a plate and started eating them. Kit May ate the most. Soon Nadhra left the group to join another one, (one that had had enough of eating) and Fiona, Jasmin and Divya ate a few only. So all that was left was me and Kit May. We finished more than half of the fries. That was seriously a lot of fries. I was so bloated.

Then Jasmin and Kit May drank a lot of drinks. The most popular mixture of the day was F&N Fruitade + Strawberry. Green + red = purple! What a nice new colour formula. It actually tastes good. But I only had one glass of that. They had like, 3-4. Sonia also was like that. Mellissa drank straight from the Coke bottle. Divya... well, I don't know how much she drank, but she was so off during the lion dance. She and Kit May couldn't shut up about the lion's cute shiny ass. That word came up a lot. I'm sick of it already.

Then we had to clean up the class and susun the desks and chairs back. Dian brought her new camera. I played with it a lot. =)
Since she preferred to be in the pictures instead of taking them, I ended being the photographer. I took pictures for a lot of people. It was fun. I wanted to bring one, but it was with my dad.

And so, that was the end of the KongsiRaya party. A lot of people were high and bloated. Thousands of pictures were taken. Tempers flared, laughs were echoing eveywhere and so on. Dah lah, I'm too tired to try to be poetic.

Bye bye!

No comments: