Friday, May 18, 2012

Food food food

For once, I'm actually going to update this two days in a row! Whee~


Okay so today I went to Ikea with Aimi and Adma. Drove there ourselves! (And yes, that is actually an accomplishment.) Shaza was supposed to come with, but her mum said no at the last minute because she fell sick.


So our plan changed from going-to-Ikea-to-eat to going-to-Ikea-to-eat-then-buy-food-and-bring-it-to-Shaza. We even brought tupperwares. And we named it 'Gerakan Bebola Daging Ikea' (Operation Ikea Meatballs). Lame, I know. I had no part in coming up with that name, I swear.


And so we went to Ikea, and it wasn't as crowded as I expected it to be. We ate a lot. Like, a lot. Here's a list of food items we bought:

  • 2 Meatballs (10) with fries
  • 1 salmon with potato
  • 5 chicken wings
  • 1 slice dark chocolate almondy cake (THERE WAS NO DAIM CAKE. WHAT A TRAVESTY. A TRAGDY. BLASPHEMY. IT CANNOT BEEEEEE)
  • 2 Sunkist apple juice
  • 1 soft drink
  • 1 vegetarian pasta
We ate all that ourselves. And bought more for Shaza. And I bought some meatballs for home. And Aimi bought the meatballs for home as well. I'm using a lot of 'ands'. She also bought the currypuff that they sold just outside the cashier counters.

That was around 6pm. We were supposed to drive straight to Shaza's house after that. But Aimi suddenly had a craving for Chatime because we couldn't get our Daim cake.

So we made a detour to Wangsa Walk. Because we were that lazy to walk to the Chatime in the Curve which was right across the street from Ikea. Yeah.

Since it's a Friday night, understandably, there was a pretty bad jam heading towards Wangsa Maju. Why, for the life of me, I do not know. It was so annoying. But we passed the time with singing to the songs that blasted from the radio courtesy of me plugging in my iPod. It was amusing.

In the end we reached Shaza's house at 8 something. Yes, we were stuck in a jam for almost two hours. Oh, the joy.

Really though. The day was joyful. Thank you girls, you always make my day. :)

No comments: