Monday, February 1, 2010

Terengganu

I always love it when I go back there.
It's so peaceful, I completely forget about my life in KL.
Which is exactly what happened this weekend.
I didn't even think about my homework. At least the ones that I didn't bring along with me.
Yes, I brought along my homework. I was gone for three days. If I had left all of my homework here, I'd have to use up all of today to get any of it done! So yeah.
It wasn't much anyway. I finished it all on Saturday, right after we got to my Grandmother's house in Rusila.

So, what did I do there?
Actually the first place we went was the hospital. A relative was sick so we went lah.
Unfortunately, though, we went before the visiting hours. That was around 4, I think. Visiting hours start at 5. That mak cik guard at the door was SO RUDE! My dad was like, halfway through the door and she just closed it in his face. So he had to reverse. =.="
Seriously. I was really pissed off at that.
Then we went in through the other door somewhere at the back. Or was it another building altogether? Dunno. I was already in a bad mood by then so I didn't pay attention to anything.
In the end, me and Kakya didn't get to go in. It was just my parents, and a few of my other relatives who came with us.
Well, it was more appropriate that was anyway. Truth be told, I wasn't sure who it was. A distant relative, you could say. It didn't a make a stitch of a difference if we went in the first place.

After all that, we went to the beach side to eat fish and squid fried in this super yummy batter. But guess what? The place we usually go to, which is actually somewhere behind the airport, ISN'T NEAR THE BEACH ANYMORE! Yeah, they like, reclaimed the land and tambak-ed it. I have no idea what they're gonna do with the newly added land, but it completely spoiled the view. But the food was still good so that made up for it. =)

That night was fantastic. We went out to eat at Batu Burok Beach's A&W. Right by the sea, out in the open air. (Of course that was the smoking area, but no one was actually smoking at the time. Even better! =D)
That night was made even better because it was a full moon. So the view by the sea was absolutely breathtaking. The moon's reflection was on the calm sea. And the clouds all around it had a silver lining. Families and couples were walking on the beach, enjoying the view and the cool breeze. Beautiful, I tell you. You can't get something like that in the city.
Then we ate waffles and ice cream! Ahh..the sweet joy. =D

Of course, it was during that time we didn't have a proper camera. Mine was running out of batteries so we couldn't take any really nice pictures.
So we went again the next night.
But it was during sunset too.
It wasn't at the beach, no. We went to the Tengku Tengah Zaharah Mosque AKA the 'Floating' Mosque / Masjid Terapung.
Beautiful there as well. Once we got there the sky was like, purple and pink. And the mosque's dome and minaret were lit up by lights. And the water surrounding the mosque was perfectly still so you could see the reflection in perfect detail.
I might upload some pictures later, if I can get my hands on them. (They're with my dad now)

Then we waited for the moon to come up. One word: AMAZING!
I had never been so happy to see the moon. That night though, it was slightly orange in colour. It must've been the air. So yeah, I really liked those nights. When else am I gonna see something so beautiful and spend time with my family at the same time?

The food there on the other hand, not very satisfying. Surprisingly. All the good spots were too full by the time we ever got there so we had to find somewhere else to eat. Trust me when I say, there's a good reason why some restaurants are empty during lunch/dinner hours. DO NOT EAT THERE! Wasting you time and money. And killing your mood to eat as well.

But, make no mistake, the keropok lekor was good. =)
Just make sure you buy them in Losong. The original and yummy ones are there.
And the nasi dagang! And nasi lemak with ikan tongkol! Haish, I'm feeling hungry just thinking about it. =)

So my trip was good. I'm looking forward to going there again in June. =D

No comments: