Monday, September 13, 2010

What can I say?

I must admit, I haven't posted anything on this blog site for ages, and I truly am sorry about that. I've been really busy okay? I just can't find time to blog anymore. This one is fine because it's the holidays and stuff. Not that anyone actually reads this anyway but that's beside the point.

So, where do I start? After a few months of not posting anything and updating whatsoever I have to say, a lot, and I mean A LOT of stuff has happened since. Let's break it up into categories, yeah?

School.
Of course this is the first category I mention mostly because that my school life is the one that's changed the most.
First off I'd like to say that I'm actually really happy to be in 4b (i have a problem with the letter b on this keyboard so bear with me for a while. It's all copy and paste here)
There are a lot of benefits to being placed in that class. but I'd rather not talk about it. =)
That's for us to know and you guys to figure out if you want. If not just leave it at that okay?

Number two : I am now a school prefect! =)
Who would've thunk eh? It's kind of overwhelming at times, and I have a feeling my grades might drop if slack off so yeah. I need to keep up my straight A average. ;)
That's another one! People will not stop calling me a nerd slash brainiac just because I managed to get straight A's for my mid-terms. Who's to say I'll pull it off again for my finals? (Which is in three weeks if I may add) Insya-Allah I will lah, but you still can never know you know?

Number three : I have found it odd that I'm beginning to not like english all that much anymore. *All hell breaks lose*
Hahaha, don't worry, I never thought I'd ever say that myself. So if you feel dumbstruck, you're not the only one.
but it's not the language that I'm beginning to dislike, in fact I've recently rediscovered my love for writing stories again (one that I lost during PMR year). Actually it's just the subject of english in school. I think it's because of the work, and I feel that I don't like the idea of just taking english for exams anymore. it's like, such a pain. And I don't like writing essays anymore. Somehow it restricts my need for creativity, and I always feel like I need to insert a certain standard to what I'm writing. So now I keep over-thinking and over-analyzing my sentences and I keep wondering if I should use better words to describe what I'm thinking or what I'm trying to write about. haihh now english for me has become too exam oriented. How sad. =(

Music.
I know this is like, three months overdue, but I would like to mention what I received for my birthday this year.
My parents actually did give me the guitar I asked for. I didn't think they would but they did and I'm still so happy that I actually got it so now I play almost everyday whenever I can. Okay that's a long sentence. Anyway I've learned quite a lot of songs already, all made possible because I already know how to play before during form one, I just stopped because I was tired of using my brother-in-law's guitar all the time. but now I have my own so yeah. No restrictions any more yayyy! =D
but no one's ever actually heard me play before, because I don't like it when people watch me play. It feels really awkward. I just play because I love to by myself and not for anyone else. So now you know I can never be a rockstar or recording artist or whatever. Not that I can sing anyway but you get my drift.
Not only did I get a guitar, but I also got an iPod shuffle from Kakteh and Abg Mut too! =D
I was so happy when I got it especially when I didn't see it coming at all. I mean, Zara gave it to me when I was reading or something. So you could just imagine my confusion and surprise when she gave a small white box with a red band strapped across it with the Apple logo printed in silver on top. I've been listening to it since. =)

Reading.
Lately I've notice that I'm becoming a shopaholic. Not for the normal girl stuff like shoes or bags or whatever. Instead, I have a compulsion to buy a book every time I go out. All this is made more tempting when I start reading a series like the Night World series (L.J. Smith) or the Abhorsen trilogy (Garth Nix).
Now, I'm currently obsessed with finding the ending of the Night World series that is Strange Fate, the tenth book. I know what you're thinking; TEN books? It's not so bad, believe me, because they're all short books, just a lot of them to read. No problem for me though. =)
And I'm also looking for Across The Wall, because in it there's a novella called Nicholas Sayre and The Creature In The Case which is a continuation of the Abhorsen trilogy. I also heard that thee's a new one coming out but I'm not sure when or what it's called. So yeah. I'm going all crazy over these books like you have no idea.
It's gotten so bad that I'm actually reading fanfiction stories on these! Actually they're not half bad, you just to look for the right ones with proper grammar and spelling and a good plot and stuff. (Even though I said I'm losing an interest in English, I can't help but to notice these little details)
Now I find that fanfiction is one of the best parts of a book series! =)

That's all I can think of to update about at the moment. Quite a lot, isn't it? Hmm, oh well, it's not very often that I get to update here anyway, even if it is just on three categories of my life.
Don't expect another post from me soon, but keep your fingers crossed! =)
Tootles.

No comments: